Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pics from 2007 and 2004






Here are some other pics. The first on the grass courts is the 2007 one-point tournament (guess which one I am? hint: I'm on the left side) . The tournament draw is made just like a regular tournament, but whoever wins the (first) point advances. So it goes pretty fast. You have to be ready. It's fun but you also get thrown off because the ball doesn't bounce. It's even hard to bounce it before you serve so it's hard to get much rhythm. I guess it would be different if the grass were worn and brown (meaning mostly dirt) like at a finals at Wimbledon.

The other photo is my team from 2004. You'll recognize Guy there again. He's the contract programmer that used to work at McK. His wife used to work at the FACC NY (they're both French) so she was encouraging people to join. He approached us and we sign-up as a team (under Guy's company name). The other two guys are Bart and Anand. Anand is the one with shades. He used to be an IT Group Leader at McK and now is working for Morgan Stanley. Bart is an IT Director at McK and is who my wife and I call Golden Boy (shhh, he doesn't know that).

No comments: