Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Practice Schedule

Wanted to give you a flavor of what it takes. Or at least what I am doing (which obviously isn't enough or I would be there already).
  • Friday, 6/13 - 3 hrs @ Midtown Tennis Party
  • Saturday, 6/14 - 2 hrs USTA match at the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center (where they play the U.S. Open)
  • Monday, 6/16 - 2 hrs USTA match again at the Billie Jean King NTC
  • Thursday, 6/19 - 4 hrs French American Chamber of Commerce (FACC) Tournament
  • Friday, 6/20 - 3 hrs @ Midtown Tennis Party
  • Sunday, 6/22 - 2 hrs @ Fort Lee Tennis Club in NJ
And yes, I did say "Practice Schedule". It's a pity but I'm not getting in enough high quality matches to toughen me up before tournament matches. My Midtown matches are fun but not consistent. I go there for the people. So I'm left with using my USTA matches as a part of my practice.

Oh well. Did I tell you that my USTA team sucks right now? We're near the bottom so we expect to loose. But it's our first year as a team and as 4.0's. So it's ok. If you want to follow my rankings check here.

No comments: