Saturday, May 17, 2008

Favorite courts

OK, I promised pictures of my favorite courts. Here they are, the two closest to my heart:

Midtown Tennis http://www.midtowntennis.com










I have been playing here since I moved to Manhattan (1990). The courts are terrible but the club is right across the street from me, it's Har-Tru so they're easy on the knees, and they're indoor so you can always get a game on Friday nights (8-11pm public tennis parties). Plus the people are great.


Westerpark, Amsterdam















These are the courts in the public park next to my flat in Amsterdam. They're very basic. 2 hardcourts with nets that look like they are made out of rope. But they are free, right across the park from me, and there is always a pick-up game available. Plus as a bonus, you get to see people play in the dead of the winter cold because the dutch are just die-hard tennis players. Sweet.



No comments: